On March 12, 2020 we made the difficult decision to suspend ALL Ohio in-person church services and programming until further notice. This was in response to Ohio Gov. DeWine’s order on large gatherings to help slow the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing.
Although the order does make an exception for religious activities, we wanted to come alongside our community to help in this effort.
Below you will find details on what that means for different ministries and groups as well as some answers to questions you might have.
Groups & Classes
- We are pausing all on-site and off-site groups and classes until further notice.
- Even though we are pausing programing, we encourage you to pursue relationships and community in healthy and creative ways.
- Please contact your group or class leader with any questions you might have.
- POWER Kids will not be meeting until further notice but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Follow POWER Kids on Facebook for the latest updates from the POWER Kids team.
- Download the Parent Cue app for great resources for families, plus each weekend’s planned Bible Story.
- We will be sending out a weekly email with content and resources from the POWER Kids team.
- Check out these YouTube channels:
- Student Ministries will not be meeting until further notice, but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Please check us out on Instagram (@gsm_barberton), and Facebook (facebook.com/gsmbarberton) for devotionals, challenges, and ways to stay connected.
- Students, during this time, we’d love to interact with you on our social channels, so please dialogue with us and connect with us there.
- If you are a student and you have a need arise, please email Josiah (email@example.com) or call our church office at 234-417-0002.
We are available and eager to help you. If you would like someone to call and pray with you, a pastor to talk to, or help connecting with the right resources, please call the church office at 234-417-0002 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have an urgent need, please call our office at 234-417-0002
- Monday – Friday from 9-10 am, we are currently partnering with the Norton Campus where they are offering a drive-in pickup for non-perishable food items in their back building. For those of you able to assist others in need, we are offering an opportunity to drop off food Monday-Friday from 12-1 pm.
- We are not doing in-person hospital visitations at this time to support the recommended social distancing guidelines. However, we would love to support and encourage you and your loved ones with a phone call from a pastor or someone on our care team. Please let us know if we can reach out this way by contacting us at 234-417-0002 or emailing email@example.com
FUNERALS & WEDDINGS
- We are still available to help with any needs regarding funerals and weddings. We can help plan, officiate and facilitate these events through the duration of the Governor’s Order and beyond.
- Please contact our Care team by calling our church office at 234-417-0002.
WHAT ARE YOUR OFFICE HOURS?
- Due to the Governor’s stay at home order, our offices are closed until further notice.
WHAT DO I DO IF I NEED TO CONTACT A PASTOR, NEED PRAYER, OR HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
- If you have non-urgent questions or needs please contact us at 234-417-0002 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
I AM IN NEED OF CHILDCARE, CAN THE CHURCH HELP?
- At this time, we are unable to officially coordinate childcare needs. We strongly encourage everyone to individually respond to needs in each of our networks and in the community.
- We are pausing all programming until further notice. If you have any questions regarding reservations already made in our building please email email@example.com
HOW TO GIVE ONLINE
- Go to gracelink.ccbchurch.com/goto/giving
- Enter the amount you’d like to give
- Under “Campus” select “Grace Ohio – Barberton“
- For your regular tithe or offering, use the designation “General Fund-Barberton”
- Click on “Next” to fill in your payment information and then click “Submit“
HOW TO SET UP REPEATING GIVING
- If you are interested in setting up repeating giving, check out this 2 minute tutorial: